Why use ShortsU?
- Personal profile to tell the world about your greatness!
- Gain exposure because your films will be associated with your college's page. If anyone wants to see what the talented filmmakers at your college are creating, your videos will be easily found.
- Portfolio with newest and past work can include narratives,
documentaries, experimental, music and dance videos, animation and web
- Link to any other of your pages on other sites.
- You won't have to compete with the billions of videos on other sites for visibility.
- The ability to view and discuss works from students from across the country.
- Posted work has a private setting for future festival consideration.
- Network with other filmmakers from your college and other colleges by sending direct messages to other filmmakers!
- Immediate access to all your students' work.
- Professors can create their own personal page and upload their own
work to use for demonstrations.
- Private pages for your classes:
- Professors can create a class page so all assignment work will be
posted to the same place. Work can be viewed only by the professor. All comments on class work are
- Viewing all of your students' videos in one place makes it easy to grade and you can leave feedback directly on the video page.
- Each school has a page posting all their active students and newest videos.
- Schools’ page links directly to the university.
- Great recruiting tool.
- Option to customize school’s homepage by providing a banner and color scheme (please contact us)
- Only students with the corresponding .edu email address can post to a college's page.
How to Use ShortsU
- Uploading Your Films
- Click your name in the upper-right hand corner of the page and select "Upload a Video". You will be taken to the New Video page.
- Enter the Title, Description, and Genre of your film.
- For Video Type, select One & Done for standalone films or Series for films that are part of a Web Series. Films in a Web Series will be organized together on the playback page.
- If this is a Private video that you only wish to share with others who have a password, select Private for Privacy and enter the video password in the field below.